Now that folks across British Columbia have been given the green light to enjoy the summer camping season, things have been very exciting here at South Thompson RV! With all of the uncertainty surrounding the fate of camping season throughout the early spring, many people held off on de-winterizing their RVs - which led to a welcome surge of customers arriving at our dealership looking for help getting their trailers and campers summer-ready!
As Kamloops’ premier RV dealership, we have customers visit us from across Southern BC knowing that they can put their trust in our experienced team of RV service technicians. After over 30 years of business, we know just about everything there is to know about trailers, campers, toy haulers, fifth wheels and motorhomes, and can complete any service quickly and efficiently. So how do you know if your RV is ready for summer? Here are some of the things that our Service Department will take care of to ensure that you can hit the road safely in your RV this season!
When you bring your camper to the pros at South Thompson, we follow a strict guideline of de-winterization procedures to ensure your comfort and safety once you’re on the road. We’ll be focusing on important things like:
• Flushing your plumbing lines until all signs of antifreeze are gone, and checking carefully for leaks and plumbing issues.
• Complete wheel bearing inspection and greasing - learn more about why your wheel bearings are so important here.
• Full inspection of your unit, inside and out: we check tires, brakes, hitch, vents, heating and cooling, electric outlets, battery, generator, and so much more.
• We check floors, ceiling, windows, doors and the exterior shell for cracks, and use unit-specific crack-filler and sealant to repair any damage we find.
• Winter damage can do a number on any RV, and we repair all types of winter damage, from torn awnings, to rusty hydraulic systems and moisture damage.
When it comes to keeping your beloved camper in tip-top shape, who better to trust than the number one RV Service Department in Kamloops? Our service technicians have years of experience working with just about every type of trailer, camper and motorhome under the sun, and we pride ourselves on our ability to work with efficiency, honesty and integrity. No job is too big or too small, and whether you simply need us to check your tire pressure before you hit the highway or provide our full suite of summer RV services, we’re happy to help. Don’t just take our word for it - we have a long list of customer testimonials that speak to the professionalism and friendliness of the South Thompson RV Service Department!
“Great service from Gord and the team at South Thompson RV. On short notice they worked on my intermittent brake issue for quite awhile and charged a very fair price. This was no ordinary issue on my 28 ft 1988 Avion trailer. It took a lot of troubleshooting and redoing wiring to get to the bottom of it. Once again, thank you Gord!”
- Byron M
There is still plenty of time to enjoy all that our beautiful province has to offer. If you need help getting your trailer, camper, toy hauler, fifth wheel, R-Pod or motorhome ready for a season of summer adventures, then don’t hesitate to reach out and book your next service with South Thompson RV!