So, you’ve bought an RV, but now you want to upgrade to the latest and greatest. Or perhaps you simply don’t have as much time for the RV life as you used to. Whether your old rig has seen better days or you’ve got your eye on something new, RVs and motorhomes are great investments that can yield you a return on your initial investment even after years of active use. That being said, if you’re planning on selling your current RV, it’ll require a bit of preparation. In this blog, we’ll go over a few tips and tricks when it comes to selling a residential vehicle, whether you plan on listing it on Facebook Marketplace or selling it to your friendly community RV dealership.
Tips for Selling Your RV
- Get an inspection. Buyers like to know what they’re getting into before making a hefty purchase like an RV. If you want to sell fast, consider a “pre-sale” inspection by a Certified RV Inspector. Some sellers use this tactic and have been known to sell the RV sight unseen simply because they made the inspection report available prior to purchase.
- Be transparent. If there are known problems, be upfront, and make sure your price reflects any needed repairs. Buyers will appreciate your honesty and can make a fair decision on their investment.
- Spruce it up. Before you put your RV up for sale, you will want to make sure that it is in pristine condition. This means that you should perform a deep cleaning on the inside and outside of the RV. Make sure that there is no dust or dirt on the interior. Also, if there is anything that needs to be repaired, do it right away. Even if the problem is small, like a broken cabinet handle, all repairs should be done before listing the RV.
- Know your specs. Offer as much specific information as possible, starting with the year, make, and exact model. Research the manufacturer specs online so that you can share the exact weight, length, and height. Also, if you can find the floorplan diagram online, consider linking to it in your listing.
- Be clear about what items are included in the sale. Trailer hitches, attached gear racks, and other equipment may or may not be included in your price. Avoid confusion by removing items you plan to keep before photographing or showing the rig.
Another thing to note is that if your title is not clear, you need to be upfront about that with potential buyers. The buyer may prefer to provide the pay-off amount directly to your lender. After the RV is paid off, it may take 2 to 3 weeks for the funds to clear and for the title to be released. If you trade in an RV with a lien, the dealership will handle everything
Sell Your RV with South Thompson
Need some help selling your current trailer, camper or motorhome? South Thompson RV is one of the only RV dealerships that offer consignment programs in the Kamloops area. Simply bring your unit, and we’ll take care of the rest. We have a vast network of potential buyers who we can market to, and we’ll handle all interactions, including walk-throughs, trade-ins and financing. Once we’ve finalized the sale, we’ll pay out anything that’s left owing on the unit and cut you a cheque. Now it’s time to shop for something new!
Have more questions? Our team is ready to walk you through the process of selling your used RV. If you’re ready for something new, check out our exciting inventory of residential vehicles today!