Every year RVers all over BC take the time to assess whether or not their current trailer or motorhome is still worth the investment. Perhaps you just don’t pull the rig out as often as you used to, or maybe your kids have grown up and you need to downsize to something smaller. Whatever the case may be, selling your RV can feel like a daunting task, just waiting to be put off while it continues to collect dust during the off-season! Thankfully, RV dealerships like your friends here at South Thompson RV facilitate an easier way for Kamloops residents to sell their RVs. In this blog post, we’ll get into the basics of selling on consignment and why doing so with your community RV dealership is the wisest decision.
It's As Easy As 1,2,3
Selling your old RV has really never been this easy.
- Simply bring your unit to a dealer like South Thompson RV and we’ll take care of the rest. We’ll inspect, clean and market your RV for you without you having to lift so much as a finger.
- If you’re worried we’ll have trouble finding a buyer, don’t be. We have a vast network of potential buyers who we can market to, which helps increase the likelihood that your RV will sell quickly. We’ll also handle all interactions, including appointments, walk-throughs, trade-ins and financing.
- Once we’ve finalized the sale, we’ll pay out anything that’s left owing on the unit and cut you a cheque. All that’s left for you to do is shop for something new!
Benefits of Selling Your RV on Consignment
Trying to sell your RV through online classified advertising services like Kijiji or Facebook Marketplace can be a lengthy and time-consuming process. When you sell with a dealer like South Thompson RV, you’re taking all the hassle out of selling your RV.
- Save time and money. If plan to sell your unit yourself, you’ll need to brush up on your marketing skills to make sure your RV stands out amongst the rest, especially if you live in a location with a competitive market like Southern B.C. In addition, you’ll need to make time for scheduling appointments, showing your camper, and spending several hours showing the potential buyers all of the systems working correctly. Selling your vehicle privately can be a headache, to say the least. So, a big question to consider is – how much is your time worth to you?
- You’ll sell your unit ASAP. This is a big deal, especially with how quickly inventory moves at dealerships. If your next camper purchase is contingent on selling your current camper, you may not have the time to wait on that perfect buyer to offer you the best price.
- Receive a trade-in tax credit. One of the best parts about going through a dealership? The tax deduction you’ll receive on your next purchase! Suppose you’re upgrading to a $30,000 camper and trading in your used camper for $10,000. You will only be taxed for the $20,000 difference on the new camper purchase. This alone can make up for the lost profits of selling to the dealership.
- Less paperwork. When transferring ownership of a camper privately, the paperwork can be a nightmare to deal with. You have to deal with the title, registration, any sort of lien on the camper, etc. At a dealership, we have the knowledge and resources to take care of all this quickly and easily for you. Hassle-free!
- Less risk. When selling an RV privately, there is a higher risk of fraud to be cautious of. This can be difficult to deal with without any type of seller’s insurance. In addition, If you sell your camper and it breaks down after the sale, the new buyer could hold you liable. With a dealership, everything is taken care of legitimately and generally, you’re protected from any sort of legal action after the sale happens.
Sell Your RV with South Thompson
Need some help selling your current trailer, camper or motorhome? South Thompson RV is one of the only RV dealerships that offer consignment programs in the Kamloops area. Simply bring your unit, and we’ll take care of the rest! Contact us today for more information about selling your RV!